2019年10月11日星期五

Omega: Interview with Ben Clymer, founder of Hodinkee.com


Hodinkee.com is a platform for watch enthusiasts around the world to release the latest watch information, share love story and trade watch list. We interviewed Benjamin Clymer, the founder of the site, and heard stories about himself and his favorite Speedmaster watch.

When did you begin to fall in love with the Omega Speedmaster wrist watch?
From the grandpa I saw that super-Wrist Watch to start. My grandfather was a hero in my heart. Being with him always brought me into contact with all kinds of novelty and fun things like cameras, cars, stereos, computers. Of course, there are watches. Grandpa Possession of the watch was purchased in his later years, when I lived with him. I often think that my grandfather bought the watch for me. In addition to this Omega, my grandfather has two other watches, respectively, to my father and uncle. Although he never said to me personally, but I understand his intentions. It was my grandpa left this super-speed watch opened my love, let me have the present life.

Do you remember the moment Grandpa handed you this super-time watch? At the time, what was the first thought you saw?
of course I remember. That year, I was 16 years old and I was awestruck by this super-speed watch. I like its complexity, its weight and texture. Normally, I noticed that my grandfather always wore this watch. One day, he suddenly took it off from his wrist and gave it to me. Since then, this super watch has been with me so far. At that time, I just did not consider this watch to want to have another watch. In fact, I almost did it too. Of course, it is precisely this super table opened my watch on all cognitive. So I am grateful.

Recently, you delivered this "wrist watch buyers likely to commit a serious error of 12," the article. Among them, one of the mistakes you mentioned is "Never had an Omega Speedmaster watch." Why is super special watch so special?
I still remember the very first time I met a top watch collector, because his collection was worth nearly $ 10 million. I thought his hand will wear a top complex watch. But when he walked into the room, I found he was wearing a Omega Speedmaster professional chronograph. When I asked him why he had one of the best top watches in the world and chose to wear it, his answer was "because the Speedmaster is the best watch in the world." This sentence completely changed my mind. Since then, I have made many of the world's best-known top collectors. Without exception, they all said that no matter what they want to own, super-speed watches are so special. Speedmaster watch is art, design, practicality and historic blend of the pinnacle. In my case, simple and pure watch the most attractive, and super-wrist watch manual winding, three small dial and black chronograph dial this three points is pure enough, not to mention the super-wrist watch to explore human space Significance. I am very serious to say - if you have not tried to collect a super watch, absolutely not eligible to call themselves watch collectors.

When a rare watch on the market, collectors in the end how excited?
This excitement is unspeakable. If you see a dream watch appears, I have absolutely no way to restrain the joy and excitement inside. In order to collect these watches, I travel around the world, spent countless hours doing research, other collectors must be the same as me. A special Super Watch is a collection of all watches in the "Holy Grail." When such a watch appears, no matter how excited are not too far.

You and the Omega brand contact a lot, is also very familiar with the antique watch. Hand holding a rare super-speed watch what it feels like?
When you become a collector of more and better collectors, your feelings will change. About 10 years ago I spent $ 1500 on my first purchase of the Omega Speedmaster Chronograph with the 321 movement. At that time, I think I was "the king of the world," incredible. Since then, I also had several super-equipped with different 321 movement watch, but then with the piece number 145.012-67 watch, I was not so easy to be excited. However, I still think it is one of the best watches in the world. Because, I have a lot of watch collection, it is also very clear which is what I want. When you get the perfect watch, there is always more excitement for collectors.

How do you evaluate the appearance of the super-speed watch? Speedmaster watch has been born for 60 years. In addition to the historical roots and space exploration story, do you think the super-time watch is a good-looking appearance of the time it?
I really like its shape. As I talked about before, the sheer sense of a small black dial is unparalleled, and it works perfectly with a variety of straps. One of the things that I usually really like to do is to tie the watch strap sold inside the HODINKEE shop and the black dial of the Supermaster together. I think, the original with a steel bracelet dial for leather strap, like to watch the second life. At the same time, as an antique car enthusiast, inspired by the timing of the car and the super-speed watch gave me another attraction. As one friend said, space does not need a tachometer. It is my feeling that, so many years have passed, when the super-speed watch has long been changed from racing to lunar watches, the design of the tachometer has been preserved.

How do you evaluate Omega recently introduced super series watches, such as the dark side of the moon and the moon phase table?
In my opinion, they are excellent and natural evolution of the Speedmaster series. I especially like the dark side of the moon. That year, when it was just launched, I wrote an essay. At the time, I said that when the whole world heard that Omega would like to launch a black ceramic super-speed wristwatch, it would have felt that "the idea sucks." But when we first saw the watch, we realized that Omega had accomplished a mission that was nearly impossible to accomplish and made a fascinating upgrade of the classic Speedmaster watch made of ceramic! I think this is a great watch, and I countless times want it in my Pocket.

You also want to have what super watch?
I was fortunate to have had several early Speedmaster watches, and today I still have two Super Speed ​​Watches: Grandpa gave me Mark 40, and No. 2915-1 Super Speed ​​Watch. At that time, I had to work hard to get that superpower and get a few deals. So in the collection of the original Super Speed ​​Watch, I am satisfied. But I still regret to miss a super watch - Alaska Project Prototype watch, I really like the story behind the watch and the origin, but more attractive to me is its appearance! The engraved version of this watch is also very beautiful, but for me the original is determined to win. This year's Phillips auction appeared on the piece, I actively involved in the auction, but the last price slightly exceeded my expectations, and I also fancy the auction of another table. We may not have all the things we want, but I am very eager to include that super-speed watch in my collection. I am trying to save money for it.

Which model do you want to enjoy at close range? Is a special super material or a special version of the engraved version?
I think Omega is very good at getting inspiration from the classic. If today let me design a super hegemony (indeed someone suggested that I do so), I really want to create a very limited edition for sale watch series, using the original case design supermoon, luminous dial and pointer, and equipped with Lemania 321 movement, and the original super-speed watch exactly the same. Of course, this will be a limited edition style, I hope the watch case with platinum to create, circulation does not exceed 50. Perhaps the introduction of a steel material to create the same paragraph, limited to hundreds of pieces. But I think if Omega really introduced a collection of value-bound watch with a 321 movement, the enthusiasm on the market will be quite high.

What do you think makes the watch iconic?
This question is harder to answer because too many factors make a watch legendary. It may be because of a watch wearer, but also because of the beautiful design and technology, these reasons are there. In terms of the Super, its legend beyond the above simple reason is that today any other watch is unmatched. Cha Su watch so many face charm, which is why I love it, people around me may be as obsessed with me super, but for very different reasons. To me, the more advantages a product has, the more attractive it is.

Clock

Table Clock,Craft Clock,Desk Clock

Stainless Steel Watch Co., Ltd. , http://www.nsladywatches.com

没有评论:

发表评论